The National Cancer Institute assessed that one-third of all cancer deaths may perhaps been diet related. Approximately 30% to 40% of all cancers can be prevented if people ate more fruits, vegetables and plant-based foods, according to scientists. These foods help minimize high-calorie and high-stout edibles.
Cancer-Fighting Foods and Drinks
Basing upon previous studies conducted, there are cancer-fighting foods and drinks that help individuals in their battle with cancer. Some foods and drinks also contain the nutrients that even help protect the body from various types of cancer. These foods and drinks that are believed to help fight off and prevent cancer are as follows:
- Chili Peppers and Jalapenos
- Grape Fruits
- Orange and Lemons
- Licorice Root
- Red Wine
- Seaweed and other Sea Vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Whole Grains
Top Cancer-Fighting Foods
Best Cancer-Fighting Foods
Information and knowledge about cancer-fighting foods have been gathered. Basing on studies conducted, an individual cannot be protected from cancer through single food or food substance alone. To be protected from cancer, one needs to eat the right combination of foods and include plant-based foods in their diet. Plant-based foods help increase the chances of avoiding cancer. By working synergistically in the body, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants found in food plants interact to provide individuals extra cancer protection. Because of this, nutrition scientists highly recommend to include whole grains, fruits. Vegetables and beans in one’s diet.
List of Cancer-Fighting Foods
There are many foods that have been believed to have the ability in helping stave off cancer. Some foods can even help slower down cancer cell growth and even reduce tumor size. Below are lists of some of the foods that contain the nutrients the body needs to fight off cancer.
- Beans – contain phytochemicals that help prevent and slow down genetic hurt to cells.
- Broccoli – contains phytochemicals sulforaphane which is believed to help fight of certain types of cancer like rectal, colon and stomach cancer.
- Carrots – contain a lot of beta carotene which helps reduce cancers such as mouth, throat, breast, prostate, intestine, bladder, lung and stomach.
- Mushrooms – a lot of mushrooms appear to help build the immune system and help the body fight off cancer.
- Red Wine – may be drunk even without alcohol. It has polyphenols that help protect the body against various types of cancer.
- Teas – either green tea or black tea contain antioxidants, polyphenols (catechins) that appears to help prevent cancer cells from dividing.
- Tomatoes – has lycopene, an antioxidant that is responsible for attacking roaming oxygen molecules that are also known as the free radicals. Free radicals are suspected to be the culprit in triggering cancer.
- Whole Grains – contain numerous anti-cancer compounds such as antioxidants, phytoestrogens and fiber. Including whole grains as part of one’s diet helps prevent the development of various types of cancer.
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables – mustard greens, chicory and romaine lettuce are rich sources of antioxidants called carotenoids. These compounds are the ones responsible in searching for perilous free radicals in the body before it can promote cancer growth.