CSIRO total wellbeing diet (TWD) is a program developed by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), an Australian national science agency. This dietpromotes a low stout, high protein and moderate consumption of carbohydrate weight loss program. CSIRO total wellbeing diet is a calorie-controlled, very structured, and nutritionally balanced diet which involves exercise and consumption of huge amounts of protein from poultry, meat and fish.
The main components of TWD are:
- Adequate fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Restriction on calories
- Low stout
- High intake of protein from lean meat, low stout dairy products and fish
- Moderate intake of carbohydrates
This program follows the standard nutritional guidelines except for its emphasis on meat consumption.
The fundamental daily TWD plot consists of:
- Lean protein lunch up to 4 oz
- Lean protein dinner which consists of 7 oz lean red meat 4 time per week, fish twice a week, or chicken once a week
- Two 1 oz slices of whole grain bread
- Two medium sized fruits
- About a cup of high fiber cereal
- Low stout dairy
- Half a cup of salad
- 4 half a cup servings of vegetables
- 3 tsp of margarine or oil
- Two servings of indulgence foods a week
- 30 minutes of daily exercise
Foods that should be avoided include:
- deep fried
- pan fried
- sauces with oil, cheese, cream or butter
- fried potatoes.
CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet book
CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet book is written by Dr. Noakes and Dr. Clifton. It was successfully launched in Australia on 2005 and became a bestseller. This book clarifies and provides details regarding the diet. It also contains more than a hundred recipes.
CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet book 2
After the success of the first book, a sequel was launched on 2006 which is the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet book 2. This book now includes the following additions and revisions:
- A structured yet simple do-anywhere exercise program has been added.
- A section on maintaining focus on the diet has been added.
- Calcium consumption is increased by an extra serving of dairy every day.
- Caloric consumption is a bit higher.
- Eight latest recipes and substitutions have been also added.
- Twelve weeks of sample menus give readers an overview on how to prepare or organize a diet plot.